All Ship Masters, Ship Owners & Ship Agents for foreign & local ships, Pilots, Port Management Companies/Operators, Marinas and Yacht Clubs are advised of the approaching Tropical Cyclone for Fiji waters.
2. Tropical Cyclone Yasa (995HPA), Category 1 was located near 16.0 South, 172.0 East or about 540 kilometres west-northwest of Viwa at 0600 hours 14/12/20 (local time).
3. TC Yasa is currently moving southwest at about 4 knots.
4. Small boat owners are advised to take necessary precautionary measures to ensure their boats are safe.
5. Ship owners must provide all necessary support to masters of their ships and exercise good judgement to ensure their ships are kept safe during the passing of the tropical cyclone.
6. TC Yasa Threat Track Map and other details can be accessed using the following link:
7. For further information, please contact Mr Samuela Bulimetuira, Manager Safety Compliance & Response on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 3315266/ 9906331.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji
Level 4, Kadavu House, Victoria Parade
P O Box 326, Suva
Phone +679 3315266
14 December 2020