VACANCY: MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES, LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
MSAF IS INVITING SUITABLE CANDIDATES TO JOIN MSAF, FIJI’S DYNAMIC MARITIME REGULATOR.
The Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji (MSAF) is a Statutory Authority (SA) established under the Maritime Safety Authority Act 2009. MSAF is responsible for regulating, facilitating and promoting maritime safety, security and protection of the marine environment. MSAF is seeking to employ a Manager Human Resources, Learning & Development on a three (3) year contract.
(CS 05/21) Manager Human Resources, Learning & Development
The Manager Human Resources will have a strategic outlook to effectively lead the human resources, learning and development department.
- Formulating, drafting and reviewing of all Human Resources documents (Policy and Procedures) to ensure that they are promulgated and maintained in accordance with the Employment Relations Act 2007, Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji Act 2009, Public Enterprise Act 2019 and ISO standards.
- Lead and manage the day to day strategic and functional human resources function to achieve MSAF’s strategic goals and vision.
- Participate in the development of MSAF’s strategic plan and business plans regarding strategic talent management and development initiatives.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on strategic issues and policies to support organizational development initiatives.
- Drive human resources transformation and technology.
- Participate in HR related workshops and conferences, Occupational Health and Safety and Labor.
- Develop and implement human resources strategies, workforce planning, policies and practices by identifying HR department accountabilities including talent acquisitions, staffing, employment processing, remuneration and compensations, health and welfare benefits.
- Develop organizational strategies, by identifying, evaluated and resolving human resources issues.
- Review of HR Policies and internal awareness.
- Develop a practicable succession plan.
- Review all HR related documents.
- Formulate and review MSAF Corporate Documents including organization strategic documents and Costed Operational plans.
- Manage the recruitment and selection processes with the team and department heads.
- Attend to disciplinary matters pertaining to MSAF staff.
- Ensure awareness on employment laws, OHS etc. and all other labor legislation, within MSAF.
- Develop effective and efficient communication strategy amongst MSAF staff.
- Sound knowledge of human resource, employment relation and other related disciplines;
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a multi-disciplinary team which includes and technical and non-technical teams.
- Proven ability to mediate staff issues or issues between staff.
- An able and effective written and oral communicator along with having exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate and have analytical problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Goal-driven with desire to achieve goals and targets.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling MSAF’s vision, values and ethical standards.
Qualification and Experience
Must possess a a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources and Employment/Industrial Relations or a closely related field (such as Public Administration, Management, Psychology, Business) with a minimum of 6 to 7 years of experience in the Human Resources field with relevant management experience. Must have experience in leading teams and being an advisor to the management team. Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Business and/or Industrial Relations or a closely related field with 5 or more years of HR management experience would be an added advantage.
Send us your application if you know you have what it takes to join the team at MSAF.
Written applications must include a recent CV, certified copies of certificates and transcripts and three references. Applications should be marked with the vacancy number and forwarded to the following address before 4.00pm Friday, 30th July, 2021, or e-mail details to email@example.com.
“The Chief Executive Officer“
Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji
P. O. Box 326
Applicants must be Fijian Citizen, under age of 55.
Any clarifications required maybe directed to MSAF Recruitment and Selection Unit on telephone 3315266 ext. 1111.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A detailed Job Description is available on the website https://www.msaf.com.fj/.
“MSAF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”