- This Marine Notice draws the attention of ship owners, operators, masters, crews and the general public.
- Further to the announcement by Government on the 3rd of December, 2021, together with the protocols issued by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MOHMS) as of November 12th, 2021 the following travel protocols are now in place:-
- Domestic travel does not require quarantine, except for red zones (areas/villages/communities). For more information on areas classified as red zones please refer to the MOHMS advice.
- Only fully vaccinated members of the public will be allowed to travel.
- Shipping vessels will only be allowed to accommodate 80 per cent (80%) of passenger capacity.
- All Ship Operators, Owners, Masters, crew and Fijians travelling on board ships must strictly adhere to all Covid-19 safe measures during boarding, transiting and while disembarking.
- All Shipping companies must have a symptoms and temperature surveillance and a program of surveillance testing approved by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services.
- This Maritime Notice revokes Marine Notice 22.
*Red Zones are areas identified by the MOHMS that have less than 60% of full vaccination coverage. These areas can be viewed by clicking on the following link https://bit.ly/3ln8jgx
MANAGER SHIPS INSPECTION
8th December, 2021