All Stakeholders, including vessel operators, ship masters, shipping companies, and marine service providers, especially MSAF approved boat builders and agents are hereby informed that:
- Most maritime incidents happening lately are from vessels which were not properly surveyed before they are put into operation.
- All MSAF Approved Boat Builders are hereby instructed not to release any newly built vessels of 15metres or less in length from their yard until they have undergone the initial survey and registration process.
- These vessels may only be released if Survey and Registration Certificates are produced.
- All current and potential vessel owners and operators must ensure that their vessels have a valid registration certificate and survey certificate at all times, together with all mandatory requirements.
- This is to encourage compliance with Maritime Law and to avoid having incidents, accidents and mishaps at sea.
- Failure to comply will result in penalties and legal consequences under the Maritime Transport Act 2013.
This Notice is effective immediately and all stakeholders are expected to comply with these regulations to ensure that incidents from un-surveyed vessels are stopped.
For further information, please contact Mr Sesoni Komaisoso, Manager Ships Inspection on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 3315266 ext.1108 or Mobile: 7706401
CMDR JOWELI CAWAKI
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji