- All Ship Masters, Ship Owners & Ship Agents for foreign & local ships, Pilots, Port Management Companies/Operators, Marinas and Yacht Clubs are advised of the adverse weather warning in the Fiji Group.
Marine Weather Bulletin Issued from the National Weather Forecasting Centre Nadi at 11:00am on Friday, 17th of February 2023.
A STRONG WIND WARNING REMAINS IN FORCE FOR ALL FIJI WATERS
An active trough of low pressure lies over the group. Associated
Cloud and rain is expected to affect the country till later Sunday.
Meanwhile, a fresh to strong northwest wind flow prevails over the
Forecast to midday tomorrow for Fiji waters
Northwest winds 20 to 25 knots, gusting upto 30 knots through the passages.
Poor visibility in heavy rain and thunderstorms.
Northwest winds 20 to 25 knots, gusting up to 30knots.
Poor visibility in heavy rain/showers and thunderstorms.
2. All open boats of 15 meters or less in length are advised not to go to sea during this current weather situation.
3. All other stakeholders are required to take necessary precautionary measures to keep your ships/boats safe at all times.
4. All Masters are advised to take early action and preventative measures based on good professional decision combined with observance of good seamanship practice to ensure the ship under their command is made safe.
5. Masters must listen to all marine weather bulletins and updates issued from the Fiji Meteorological Office (www .met.gov.fj) and transmitted through Suva Coast Radio Station (3DP) and the local radio stations.
6. Ship Master and Owners shall take all necessary to keep their ship safe at all times.
7. Ship owners must provide all necessary support to masters of their ships to ensure the ship is kept safe.
OFFICER IN CHARGE / MANAGER SHIP INSPECTION
Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji
17th February, 2023.