- Further to the announcements by the Permanent Secretary for Ministry Health and Medical Services and the restrictions on passenger movement to our Maritime Islands, all passenger movement is now prohibited.
- There will be no inward or outward passengers travel on any interisland vessels or any vessels. Only passenger travel for medical purposes will be allowed upon clearance from the Ministry of Health.
- All vessel operators boarding commercial trucks (with its drivers) on their ships, for deliveries to other maritime islands must obtain and document the following information prior to boarding trucks onto vessels;
a. Full details of the cargoes;
b. Number of the vehicle;
c. Full name of the driver;
d. Date of Birth and age;
e. The different points/ locations of delivery;
f. Date of return to originating port;
g. Designated location if not returning the same day on the vessel;
h. Any other information relevant for the travel.
The above information is mandatory and will be checked by MSAF. These are additional protocols to those published by the Ministry of Commerce, Trade, Tourism and Transport on 21 April 2021 for Maritime Travel Restrictions.
- All fiber boats and or small crafts are not allowed to travel in or out of any zones. There is strictly no movement allowed for these types of vessels for any purpose other than for an emergency. For further enquiries, call the Maritime Surveillance Center on 1539.
- All fishing related travel whether subsistence or recreational is prohibited particularly for fiber boats and small crafts. For further enquiries, call the Maritime Surveillance Center on 1539.
- The Republic of the Fiji Navy and the Fiji Maritime Police will be strictly monitoring and enforcing all prohibited activities as stated above.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ON OUR WEBSITE [Bottom Home Page] TO GET CONTACTLESS AUTOMATIC UPDATES INTO YOUR EMAIL https://www.msaf.com.fj/
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
27 April 2021