- This is to advise all Mariners and stakeholders of the Maritime Industry that the four (4) member Maritime Appeals Tribunal (the Tribunal) has been established pursuant to Section 62 of the Maritime Transport Act 2013.
- The appointment of the Members of the Tribunal is effective from 14 November 2022 for a period of 3 years.
- For your information, an appeal lies with the Tribunal from decisions made by the Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji (MSAF) with regards to:
-the registration of ships;
-survey certificates of ships;
-certification of seafarers whose certificates are suspended for a period exceeding 6 months or cancelled; and
-those matters specifically stated under this Act or the Ship Registration Act 2013.
- We wish to advise everyone that an Appeal can only be instituted through a formal appeal letter to the following address:
Maritime Appeals Tribunal,
c/- Ministry of Public Works, Meteorological Services, & Transport
- All Appeal letters must state the name of the person appealing the decision, MSAF letter to the appellant and a formal address of service where the secretariat will be formally dispatching all correspondences relevant to the appeal.
OFFICER IN CHARGE
5th July, 2023